Competitions Terms Conditions
Competition Terms & Conditions
These competition rules shall be binding on you when entering any competition(s) operated by us, our sponsors or any company or website owned or controlled by us, from time to time, where a prize is given.
In addition to these general competition rules, other specific terms and conditions may also apply to a particular competition. We will post any such specific competition rules on our website.
1. You must be over 18 years of age and resident in the UK to enter our competitions.
2. Members of Sheppey FM and any company associated to the specific competition and their families are not eligible to enter the competition. Anyone who has won a prize within the last six months valued at £150 or more shall not be eligible to enter the competition, nor shall any member of such person’s family nor members of the same household.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted, unless otherwise stated. Automated entries will be invalidated, including multiple entries from the same IP, email address, SMS Text or telephone number range(s).
4. Proof of making phone call, sending post/e-mail/text is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
5. The closing date is as specified in the relevant competition. This will always be a time and date in the UK. Where a time is not given, the closing time will be 11.59pm (UK time) on the relevant day.
6. In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
7. Winners will be formally notified (by email or post) within seven days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. Where we notify a winner by email, we will ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email.
8. In the case of prizes in the form of free tickets, we (or our nominated third party/promoter) will contact the prize winner by phone/email. Ticket holders shall be bound by the event promoter’s terms and conditions together with those set out on the ticket and the rules and regulations applicable to the venue.
9. Any prize/s may not be transferred to any other person.
10. No cash alternative or alternative prize is available on entrants’ request but in the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
11. Sheppey FM will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition.
12. Competition winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
13. Competition winners agree to keep confidential any knowledge about Sheppey FM and its business and personnel received by them as a result of the competition.
14. No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by Sponsors and/or Third Parties.
15. Use of false name/s or address(s), e.g. name by which the entrant is not usually known will disqualify them from receiving any prize. we reserves the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and address as directed by us before such person may claim their prize. In certain circumstances, Sheppey FM shall, at its discretion, require any person to present themselves in person supported by any such documentation for identification purposes prior to releasing the prize.
16. Contestants who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by Sheppey FM will be excluded from the competition.
17. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
18. We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf. Your name will not be passed to any third party for use in their marketing without your express permission.
19. Sheppey FM may, at any time, issue specific rules to be read in conjunction with these rules. In the event of a conflict between two sets of rules, the competition-specific rules take priority.
20. These rules are governed by English law.
21. The competition judge’s decision is final and they will not enter in to any discussion/s.
22. The promoter of the competition is: Sheppey FM
These Competition Rules were amended in September 2014